1. Firstly sign into your Gmail account (Visit mail.google.com in your web browser)
2. Then go to Settings (Top right cog) (And then settings from that menu).
3. Choose the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab (Along the top).
4. Under IMAP Access: select Enable IMAP
5. Save Changes button
6. Go to Outlook , then File , Add Account
7. Select Manual Setup and then click Next
8. Select POP or IMAP, click Next
- Account Type is IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- User name and Password: Your username is email@example.com. Remember to click Remember password.
- Click more settings in the bottom right.
- IMAP Port: 993, Encryption SSL
- SMTP Port 465, Encryption SSL
- Click OK.
If you receive a "Something went wrong" error
1. Go to google.com, log into your Google account, and click on your photo in the upper right corner, then click the "Account" button.
2. Click "Security" on the left
3. Scroll down until you see "Less secure app access" and click "Turn on access"
4. In the page that appears turn the slider on the right so the text says "On"
5. Wait for a minute or two for the change take effect and try again