How to move from Gmail to Outlook
Modified on: Thu, 6 Dec, 2018 at 10:36 AM
- Firstly sign into your Gmail account (Visit mail.google.com in your web browser)
- Then go to Settings (Top right cog) (And then settings from that menu).
- Choose the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab (Along the top).
- Under IMAP Access: select Enable IMAP
- Save Changes button
- Go to Outlook , then File , Add Account ((Please note your outlook may look different depending on what version of office you are using however the feature will be there in all versions).
- Select Manual Setup and then click Next
- Select POP or IMAP, click Next
- Account Type is IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- User name and Password: Your username is email@example.com. Remember to click Remember password.
- Click more settings in the bottom right.
- IMAP Port: 993, Encryption SSL
- SMTP Port 465, Encryption SSL
- Click OK.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.